View Single Post
Old 17-06-2014, 12:57   #7
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ntlworld.com Webmail Login Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
mail.ntlworld.com is now working for me again on the browser/desktop combo it wasn't, yesterday it did say something about integrating with google, so I guess they've been playing.
To be honest, @ntlworld.com email has be giving me problems for months. The webmail problem which now seems to have resolved itself was just another in a catalogue of frustrating problems.

The main issue I've had for a few months is smtp.ntlworld.com not working, meaning that I could not send mail from my mail client and had to use webmail to send mail. Doing a tracert smtp.ntlworld.com seemed to be looping & would time out. However that started working again a few days ago!!!

There are lots of frustrated @ntlworld.com user threads on the VM forums.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes - there are changes due to this www.virginmedia.com/googleaccountchanges

It wasn't supposed to cause an issue with webmail - only if you have a Google account with your Virgin Media email as the username, unfortunately it's been identified due to the changes webmail bookmarks don't work properly.

We are looking at what we can do, but at present I'd recommend either setting a manual bookmark up to https://www.virginmedia.com/email or by using the link on the top right of any of the virginmedia.com pages.
Unfortunately using the link you suggest takes me to a change/update your details page which is very frustrating and unnecessary for my 5 @ntlworld.com email accounts/sub-accounts. However my old link now appears to be working satisfactorily again!
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote