Thread: General BBC changes implementation
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 12:56   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: BBC changes implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We watch a lot of things off BBC Scotland.

Series about Central Station, Still Game, Scot Squad, River City. Some other documentaries as well.

Your link didn't work.
https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...ewing-figures/
Thank you for fixing the link!

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not sure why this thread is being used for BBC Scotland content, I only started it to talk about HD swaps and the how they were (or weren't) informing people about them.

As for BBC Scotland, I can say I've watched the grand total of 1 episode of 1 show. And that was Beechgrove, because I was under the impression it would only be on the new BBC Scotland channel from now on...which turns out to be wrong, it was was repeated on BBC2 to a national audience at lunchtime on Sunday.

Relatives of mine have enjoyed Central Station. I've seen one episode of Still Game and it confirmed it wasn't for me whilst it was premiered on BBC1, I can see its appeal but it's not for me. A problem for the new channel is that it was the last ever series. I suspect most River City viewers will still watch it on BBC1 Scotland the next day.

The main problem the channel has is it isn't showing much that isn't on BBC1 Scotland, and they've said many shows won't be exclusive, and the public is stubborn, just look at how often UK-wide shows get "promoted" from BBC2 to BBC1 and get a jump in viewers despite everyone having access to BBC2 and having zero excuse for not watching before.
Your first post did contain reference to BBC Scotland and it was the closest thread I could find, rather than start a new one.

I think BBC Scotland is a disappointment. If they don't put some more popular programmes on there, the viewing figures will continue to be very low.

It doesn't help that the listings magazines don't print the schedules for the channel, so people will miss any programmes that they might otherwise have seen.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote