Thread: General Stargate SG-1
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 15:15   #39
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: stargate sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
agree "homage" was a better description than rip-off, towny, the thought had crossed my mind
The sequence where the Goauld (sp?) weapon's power core blows up is almost identical to the Death Star's power core explosion from Return of the Jedi ... I only wish I could post stills of the two side by side! My Film Studies graduate missus has a word for this - 'intertextuality'. It's where the director consciously pays a complement to a previous film by making reference to it in his own (another example - I was watching Dr Dolittle on ITV1 last night. Eddie Murphy walks past a dog in the pound, which mutters 'I am Keyser Sose' at him...)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote