Thread: UK Timeline The Last of Us
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 22:14   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Wasnt over impressed with this weeks episode.
I'm told its just following the game still, but it was all pretty dull to me.
We didnt learn much new, and the only thing that really happened was they got a car.
This felt like a 20 minute story stretched out to over an hour. Still, it hasnt put me off yet.
Well I viewed this as more of a story adjacent episode. TWD did this occasionally, but not as well. It only pushes the main show incrementally but tells a story within its own episode.

I enjoyed it. You can have your opinions on the relationship between the men and how far it the intimate moments were pushed. It didn’t bother me. It wasn’t a woke episode, there was no narrative being pushed, no “ you should think this way” script. It was just a story and they happened to be men.

I also loved how the girl thought the old truck was like a spaceship and asking what it was like to actually fly in a plane, because she never had, nor probably never will.

Also how they visually morphed from the bodies in the mass grave in the present to the people in the past.

Also that we now know who played the 80’s music on the radio, and that they probably died before Joel and the girl left Boston.

It’s a very strong and well put together show so far.