View Single Post
Old 19-10-2004, 11:03   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
So what do we think of the first episode of BSG?
Im very impressed so far, its Rather bleak & apocalyptic but then I like that
Im also very impressed with the Centurians, I was so dissappointed we didnt see more of them in the mini series movie.
Damn good first episode. Blindingly good in fact. It did the bleak, post-apocalyptic thing just superbly. It's all the better because when you strip it down, what actually happened in that episode? Not an awful lot. We dropped in on a bleak situation and hung around for an hour while everyone got tired and depressed. Then we left - but with one small difference, the population number on the whiteboard that had been dropping throughout the episode went up by one because a baby was born on board Rising Star (nice use of a name from the original series!). The sheer understatement of it eclipsed anything I have seen in Star Trek for a great many years.

They also opened up a new angle that we didn't have in the original series - what happened on the colonies after the war? I can't wait to find out what turns up there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote