View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 13:46   #1576
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You miss the point, Andrew. In fact, two points.

1/
The EU, perhaps only for the most part, wants to federalise. The UK people don't want that - certainly 52%. Would you have wanted to be part of a federal Europe?

2/
The whole thing is rigged for Germany. I've explained several time the way that Germany engineered the DM to Euro exchange rate. Their overarching policy is economic domination. Guess what a federal Europe dominated by Germany means? Would you have wanted that?

1/ Didn't care what the other countries may or may not have wanted to do but the UK was not on course to do this in 2015 nor did I want it to.
2/ Don't know enough about the history of this to comment. Certainly, I'm pleased we left the ERM and I've never wanted the Euro.

I see our ideal position as somewhere between a full-on member like Germany and an affiliate like Switzerland. I thank we had the balance right before but we've now gone too far in the opposite direction but in time we will become closer.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote