View Single Post
Old 30-03-2013, 16:23   #6361
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Doing my weekly voluntary work (Which is the church newsletter) - I /almost/ feel useful

Planning the next Sunday School too.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well having gone through the rigmarole of upgrading my Sony laptop the backlight started flickering and you could hear a frying noise on one side and it was getting hot there, so hot that the display was going dark in the corner. So I took the chance and dismantled the display knowing that it wasn't going to fix itself and would fail fairly soon anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Turns out the wire to one end of the small flourescent tube that gives the backlight had burnt through. Had to bend the bezel at the bottom to get it out to solder the end back on as I didn't want to disturb the main circuit board at the top and the myriad connections there to the actual display glass. Everything is soo delicate, I wondered if it would ever work again but it does.

There's a little bit of unevenness at the extreme bottom but I can live with that for a fixed machine.
Excellent

I find too many people these days telling me 'It can't be fixed' - Pah unless they try who knows
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote