View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 20:59   #2311
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Here's a portion of the latest version of the articles of impeachment that will be formally introduced by House Judiciary Democrats on Monday, provided by a Democratic source. It includes one article: “incitement of insurrection.”

"President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021 was consistent with his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election. Those prior efforts include, but are not limited to, a phone call on January 2, 2021, in which President Trump urged Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to ‘‘find’’ enough votes to overturn the Georgia presidential election results and threatened Mr. Raffensperger if he failed to do so. In all of this, President Trump gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government. He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government. He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States."
https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...day/index.html

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That’s why I didn’t say impeachment - I said disqualify him from public office.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4125422001

FWIW I’m not convinced it’s an effective use of time/effort for someone who won’t run in 2024.
Yup, the Trump brand is toxic so he won't be selected for 2024 and that goes for his family too.

But I think his opponents want to put a red mark in the history books against Trump which disqualifaction or impeachment would do.