View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 11:24   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

I have never been called for my 5 yearly Health MOT by our GP. This should include a PSA test for prostate cancer. He thinks it is "unnecessary" despite him being paid to provide the service.

Over the years GPs here have also withdrawn minor surgeries (splinter extraction, cysts drainage, etc.), wart and verruca treatments, lice and headlice treatments, ingrowing toenail treatment, podiatry for the disabled, old or infirm, etc. etc. And now there are no walk-in consultations, just an appointment system with no evening or weekend cover, and neither for 2 afternoons per week.

And now they want to opt-out of out-of-hours cover and most home visits, demanding "another body" be set up to do it all instead.

Ad yet I suspect their pay will not drop a penny....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote