Old 20-11-2019, 19:23   #23
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: New tv which is 4k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I get your points to an extent but I don't think it's a myth that you need a big screen to appreciate 4K. You can get 55" 8K sets now and you would really be pushed to tell the difference 4k vs 8k unless you stand extremely close to the point of touching it, because 55 inch is too small to fully compliment 8K. (there are plenty of online videos demonstrating this).

I have a 3K phone, my wife has a similar model. same screen size with a lower resolution but you really cant tell the difference at those sizes. You mentioned your phone, I would suggest that the main reason it looks so good is the HDR, subjectively it makes a much bigger difference than just moving to 4K.
Apple do a 5K laptop screen, it's screen real estate madness, we don't have the visual resolution to see the difference.
It is a myth. You might like a big screen but you don't need it. 4k as a resolution doesn't just suddenly get better because it's on a big screen. 4k is 4k, if viewed from the correct distance, it's going to look the same at 24" as it does at 80".

55" isn't too small if sat at the correct distance, that's the whole point of this debate.

No the reason it looked good was because of the resolution which is why I used the word crisp.

I don't want to go round in circles. Resolution can't just equal size. It's size in relation to viewing distance that matters. 4k is not pointless on small screens if you are sat close enough to benefit.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote