Thread: 4K New tv which is 4k?
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2019, 14:30   #20
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: New tv which is 4k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Yes you were, the OP was advised maybe a monitor would be better and I stated what about monitors when you stated that 4k was pointless on small screens. While there is differences between a monitor and TV the overall resolution is still 4k so it's either pointless or not.
The difference is you sit very close to a monitor, whereas you generally sit further away with a tv. The point i'm trying to make is you're wasting your money buying a small sized 4K tv as you won't get the benefit of the 4k ness at normal viewing distances. I wasn't even thinking about pc monitors , my comment was about tv resolution/screen size and viewing distance.

So are you saying a 4k tv picture on a small 4k monitor would look noticeably better than a 1080p feed on the same monitor ?
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote