Thread: Router Antennas
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2012, 02:01   #12
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Router Antennas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
wont it overheat when setting are tweaked to max out the antennas?
Max out antennas? What are you on about?

Router outputs fixed power. Antenna points it in a certain direction. Different antenna points it more precisely in a certain direction.

Nothing to overheat.

Though if you short the antenna connectors it probably won't like that, but all you'll get then is crappy performance until you connect them properly.

Quote:
anyway never fear qas is here. ask him, he knows everything there is to know about the 615.
Only revisions D2 and D4 (the Virgin Media ones)

That said I still haven't managed to get the ethernet, wireless, hardware NAT and mesh networking to work on it at the same time. I kinda gave up and I moved onto more expensive kit.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote