Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 20:35   #1635
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

One peccadillo does not make him a liar. He was mistaken. From the same interview, the unquestionable truth to the question as to why he did not support May's deal:

"Well, no we couldn't possibly do that because that isn't leaving. The deal is a massively expensive and long delay
Our manifesto promised that within two years the government would negotiate a future partnership as well as any withdrawal issues the EU wanted mentioned or leave without a deal.

Now we must keep our promise and I and my colleagues stand fully behind the manifesto.

We hoped our prime minister did and I would urge her tonight to join us in upholding the manifesto, taking us out proudly on April 12 and agreeing on any remaining things that need agreeing so we have a smooth exit.

There is no cliff edge. There is no disaster and we would have lots of money to spend and we need to spend the money urgently to give our economy a boost at a time when the German and French economies are ailing and the Italian economy is in recession.Well, no we couldn't possibly do that because that isn't leaving. The deal is a massively expensive and long delay.

Our manifesto promised that within two years the government would negotiate a future partnership as well as any withdrawal issues the EU wanted mentioned or leave without a deal.

Now we must keep our promise and I and my colleagues stand fully behind the manifesto.

We hoped our prime minister did and I would urge her tonight to join us in upholding the manifesto, taking us out proudly on April 12 and agreeing on any remaining things that need agreeing so we have a smooth exit.

There is no cliff edge. There is no disaster and we would have lots of money to spend and we need to spend the money urgently to give our economy a boost at a time when the German and French economies are ailing and the Italian economy is in recession."

My advice is at your risk.