View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 18:26   #1455
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
I gotta be honest, I never rated Half Life. I know it got great reviews and seemed to be loved by everybody, I just didn't...get it.
That's because it's legacy is more relevant than the game is at this point in time. When Half Life was released 12 years ago it revolutionsed practically everything connected with the FPS genre. Not only the game itself but the whole framework it was based upon which allowed the community to develop mods such as TFC and Counterstrike.

Half Life itself, the main title started to kill itself the moment the sequel was released. The story became more convoluted and less immersive. The game offered little new in terms of gameplay. I found HL2 a bit of a drag to be honest and I couldn't bear trudging through episode 1 to completion. Half Life is not the star of the Orange Box anyway, that accolade goes to the excellelent Portal and to a lesser extent TF2.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote