View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 11:20   #728
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Smile Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
They have a Bigger EU customer base and employ more staff in the EU, but my point is they would have had every intention to move anyway. I wasn't implying they would stop trading with the UK they would have to have some companies over here anyway to maintain UK trade and customers unless they want to cut ties with 18m people then so be it.

Like I said companies like this are like pop up shops one goes down another one pops up to take it's place.

but If the EU was that good then why do a lot of companies offshore their calls centres to Indian?

It doesn't wash with me if these big companies want to move out to the EU then let them when the whole thing collapses they'll want to come running back and find someone else has already moved in.

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Cameron has an issue with stirring the Racist pot as well. He's even told Brussels that basically 50% of the country are Racists. Its just a shame he forgot to mention the rest

I guess Leave couldn't do any planning only possibilities till the referendum was decided as the EU said they will not discuss any deals till A50 is made so here we are they are in talks now.

Problems with some people is they want everything done yesterday but you can't fix "stupid"
I think Leave could not do any planning because Cameron debarred Brexit campaigners from using government agencies.

However, even with all the Government departments available Cameron and Osborne were not willing to give us concrete facts.

George Osborne could have quoted annual figures for the gross amount we pay to the EU, our rebate and the amount receive back in grants. He didn't.

Cameron could have been honest about Turkey's entry to the EU. He wasn't.

The whole thing was a shambles with Cameron giving a totally wrong impression of the UK situation to the EU who thought the vote to stay in was a done deal. No wonder they were surprised and angry.

It was a pity that Nigel Farage chose to rub the EU referendum decision in the faces of the Euro MPs instead of explaining rationally that David Cameron had got it wrong and had conveyed the wrong impression to the EU, which he is still doing now.

Fixing this will take time and patience.

What we need now is calm, common sense and mutual respect for the rights and views of others.