Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 16:47   #3742
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m unsure where these “huge immigrant waves” went. Even if I accepted the point, if not the emotive terminology, EU citizens living, working and paying tax in the UK is a good thing.
[SEPH]: Indeed EU citizens settling in the UK as you say are a good thing. But in times of austerity, borrowing more ahead of their tax revenues was not government policy; nor was raising taxes to make headroom. The guvmin was caught between the proverbial rock/hard place to add to the woe of incompetence. Btw, the "huge immigrant waves" added up to over 3 million, I think. As I said, I've never had a problem with the free movement of labour. I have a problem with the hegemonic EU elite.

Is there a long term plan to improve the economy from leaving? By when will we match the pre-Brexit economy? [SEPH]: I look forward to a more competent, non-Communist government in the near future who will develop a proper prosperity growth plan.

My advice is at your risk.