Thread: Football The Scottish Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:54   #42
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
No. An interesting slant that ignores the actual facts of the case.

The EBT scheme was legal. The way that David Murray chose to run it was illegal. He continued to misuse the scheme after he was advised not to.
An EBT could not be used for any contractual payment. Rangers used this extensively thereby turning a tax avoidance scheme into tax evasion.

I'm not sure that the SFA can be held responsible when they weren't privy to the full picture. They were informed of the contracts and were informed of the monies paid into an EBT scheme. They were not informed that the money paid by EBT was part of a separate contract or side letter.

The club that finished second in the SPL are currently undergoing the final stages of liquidation. Any monies due to them should be going to the creditors pot. I'm sure once BDO move in they might have a similar view. I suspect the SPL are aware of this which is why they're not splashing cash that may not be theirs.
What he says .

No point in saying EBT are legal as justification, as that isn't and never was the issue. Using EBT illegally is the issue, and that is what Rangers did. A deliberate act to evade tax. An act that was stated by HMRC as being illegal.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote