View Single Post
Old 24-08-2014, 13:12   #28
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

I think the problem with pubs is that Sky charge too much.. A friend of mine used to manage my local at work, and she says that the increase in customers when Sky were showing a match just about covered the cost of the subscription. It also caused a rise in complaints because, of course, everyone would go to the bar during half time or before/after games, which caused the service to slow to a crawl during those times.

So, she cancelled the subscription and only uses the system that has been installed during big international games, and only if they are on ITV or BBC.

Having said that, the pub is always fairly busy on Friday or Saturday, the bar is small enough that it's not really feasible to have more than 4 bar staff on duty at any given time, and they normally have 4 working on Fridays and Saturdays anyway.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote