Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:32   #4386
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
We aren’t trying to delegitimise the result. But by definition to say leave is what the majority of the electorate want, or the population want, it’s verifiably untrue. The number fails to meet the definition of majority of both the 46 and 65 million figures.

It’s what the majority of the people who chose to vote on a given day want. By definition that’s how a referendum is won and lost - I wholeheartedly agree with you on that point. That on it’s own doesn’t delegitimise the result.
No it is not verifiable - Stop trying to attempt to correct me when you are not and yes you are trying to delegitimise the result.

The Majority of the electorate voted for Brexit - nothing YOU say will change this so how about enough of the telling of the lies?

Bringing in the whole population is irrelevant, you cannot include people ineligible to vote, could not be arsed to vote in a total vote tally after the vote because YOU lost. It's pathetic!

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I think that’s somewhat melodramatic. If/when we remain it’ll be the choice of our sovereign Parliament.
FFS, more inaccurate nonsense - we gave parliament an instruction when they handed the choice to us to either leave or remain in the EU - the electorate told them we wanted to leave the EU!