Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2018, 18:48   #3696
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Need to Sean Connery in and sort the *******s out.

It’s not that, it’s the inability to move on. I voted remain. I knew if we tried to leave we’d end up in this shitstorm half in half out purgatory.

After the referendum, I believe in Democracy, although I didn’t agree with the result, I got fully on board with leaving, because I didn’t want the half in/ half out, if we’re leaving we should bloody well leave, fully and totally. That’s where i’m Coming from.

I’m either 100% in or 100% out. People may think that too binary, but I like to keep it simple.

Well now we have an opportunity to do things differently, may work, may not. Don’t know until you try.
Like an MOT certificate the referendum as a measure of democracy is a measure on one day and one day only.

It's a betrayal of democracy to deny the public the right to change their mind should they choose to do so.

Can you source any quantitative or qualitative research into how we are could become better off as a result of Brexit? Or is it totally unsourced guesswork? After all it could be "50 years" before we find out. (Jacob Rees-Mogg).