Thread: General Stargate SG-1
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2003, 08:47   #78
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: stargate sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I thought this weeks episode was entirely pointless.It added nothing to the continuing saga and was entirely too predictable.It was more a sort of dragging back in old faces to the series for the sake of keeping them on the pay roll.
It was very dull in my opinion.

Incog.
I can understand the need to rescue Ryac & Bratac ( I actually like them as characters) but the episode was lacking in the high impact action scenes that we've seen in the past and the subtle twists, surprises & melodrama that take the episode out of the ordinary.

I did enjoy the episode to a degree but to merely see O'Neill and colleagues lined up on a ridge sniping the Jaffa was a bit boring. Where was the use of claymores and zat guns? Where were the well-laid ambushes? Why did Dr. Jackson & Samantha Carter have to go to the ship floating over the camp when in previous episodes they have used rocket launchers to take out that sort of craft? Where was the exciting use of music to build up the tension.? The whole thing was very low key and lacked drama.

Hopefully, next week it will be more interesting.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote