View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 12:30   #28
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Does soap damage CDs/DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Why not try it and see? Surely you have some "mistake purchase" or "unwanted gift" CDs/DVDs you never want to play again. I know I certainly do.
Thank you for your reply.

My concern regarding doing this is that it could damage the device I was playing the disc on.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
CDs are more sensitive to damage as the error correction is not as strong as on DVDs so a CD is the thing to test it on.
I didn't know that.

I guess it comes down to whether there are protective layers on discs and how well they repel dirt of any kind, as well as washing products which are designed for our hands and not for CDs and DVDs.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote