View Single Post
Old 26-01-2023, 15:58   #25
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: ISP Virgin Media UK Discounts Gigabit Broadband to £39.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
The point of connections >1Gb is to maximised bandwidth for multiple devices in the premises. No single device will be hogging all that even if we had cables, switches and network cards capable of carrying >1Gb.
I guess you are missing my point, as others are. I agree with you, except for a (small?) minority of Gig1 users, most people will not be able to easily verify the headline speed they are paying for. Hence my amusement about the way they sell the product with "the Gig1 broadband service offering average download speeds of 1,130Mbps".

I totally get the multiplexed bandwidth usage across multiple, active, wired & wireless devices but that is a very nuanced message for a consumer broadband sell.