View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 02:18   #79
gt94sss2
cf.member

gt94sss2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
Im on the BT standard line option £9:50 a month inc vat, i asked about the low caller line option BT have which is even cheaper line rental, as i told them i dont make many calls during the month as its cheaper using my mobile, unfortunatly the lower caller line option is classed as a life line and BT class using ADSL on the line as call usage so the only low cost rental option for ADSL usage is the BT standard line option at £9:50 a month if paid by direct debit but anyone that pays the BT standard line rental gets £1:20 worth of free calls a month so really your paying £8:30 a month rental (provided you pay by direct debit)
BT Standard line rental: £10.50
£1 discount if paying by direct debit - £9.50/month
It includes a £2.15 call allowance (not £1.20)

min effective line rental = 7.35/month

All prices inc VAT etc (lol - I should work for BT - sad knowing all this off the top of my head!)

Sadly you cant get the Low user tariff with adsl as you say.. you are not supposed to have it if you have a mobile or a line from someone else (NTL etc) (though they can't check afaik)

Also you cant use those cheap dial 1xxxx international call companies with that tariff either as BT bar them

the tariff is supposed to be for the "true" low users etc
gt94sss2 is offline   Reply With Quote