View Single Post
Old 25-03-2019, 13:49   #734
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Try and read back what you have put it's full of incorrect statements.

You tell us Disney only distribute domestically when clearly they don't , if that's the case how is it I can currently watch their content here in the UK.

Your suggestions are all over the place and don't stand up in the real world sadly as I'd love cheaper.
When I talked of domestic distribution, I was talking about pay TV channels. Yes, Disney and others also make their programmes available in other domestic markets through a patchwork of contractual arrangements and through their own channels. But it must be more economic to have all those programmes on one platform, distributed globally. That way you reduce the costs of all the middlemen and all the manpower involved in getting those programmes added to a raft of different channels.

Additionally, people who don't want to get tied into contracts with the likes of Sky and VM don't have to in order to watch these programmes. They can instead subscribe to a service which is better able to meet their viewing needs and at a much cheaper price. So their audience grows, bringing in more income.