Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2021, 12:19   #1552
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
TiVo home page has reveal that Virgin Media Showcase - Channel 100.

Is having an Virgin Media Club Re-wind night (Sep. 22nd) from 10pm to midnight.
I recorded this and have had it on in the background all morning (it's still on as I type) and it was certainly worth trying...though VM might not want to put on an event to promote their gigabit broadband, say "lag free" in the press release and then have noticeable syncing/lag between the London and Glasgow venues throughout. It's possible it was a retransmission problem and wasn't noticable in the two clubs, but I saw complaints about the streamed version of the transmission, so it wasn't just the version on Channel 100.

And just as I typed that part the picture froze and sound glitched off for the first time (about 1hr20 into Ch100 coverage).

I'm still enjoying it, but given the audio is the most important part they really should've prioritised that over the video.

The live event started at 7pm with other DJs so they had 3 hours to sort any tech problems before the headliners and the Ch100 coverage started at 10pm.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Oh dear! The sound went entirely between 1hr38 and 1h51. And the picture is a little soft on its return.

The DJs carried on, so I'm guessing it was a retransmission problem rather than one that impeded them from collaborating in their Back 2 Back endeavour.

Still not a good look.

It was at the end of a New Order track...some may read something into that.