Thread: Anorexia
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2018, 19:39   #25
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Anorexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Don't force her to eat, be mindful of what she does eat and if you can find out what worries her most about what she eats this can help.

My daughter became obsessed with exercise whilst she was in the midst of anorexia. Fortunately this gave us a way of encouraging her to eat protein rich foods and carbs so she got the energy to exercise. She is still very wary of too much butter or oil, but otherwise is well and now does not exercise excessively. She walks a lot and cycles in moderation.

Whilst she was away at uni, we used to eat together over skype. It meant I could see what she was eating and suggest energy boosters.

Also getting the right therapist is essential.

She's not being forced, but she measures as close to the exact weight and measurement as possible, and she has been know to sneak of and exercise.

I was with her this morning and my sister had prepared everything I needed while I was there.

She did spend a lond time in the shower, i tried to listen to see if I could anything out of the norm.

She is seeing a therapist.

Last edited by Hom3r; 17-08-2018 at 21:17.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote