View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 11:14   #1389
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I agree and have long said the same, which I call true smart tv or intelligent tv.

In some ways, we've already had little tasters of things to come, ie on some BBC One dramas, you could press the red button to watch the next episode taking you outside of the linear schedule and I think there will be a lot more of that to come.

Which is why I keep saying that I reckon that the bulk of the sat/cable pay tv channels will disappear in the end, as these are mainly showing repeats from the main channels. Once there is a true intelligent tv system, there simply isn't a need for all these linear channels. Don't be surprised to see a Netflix 1 and Netflix 2 in the near future as earlier examples of what's to come.

Nobody wants to wade through endless menus, but we also want "some" control of what we watch and how we spend our time, hence the on demand and linear worlds will come together.
Use Favourites - I reduce 'endless menus' to around 25 channels, easy to find anything I am likely to watch.

Better than wading through endless streamed programmes to find something I would want to watch.

Also, I pay enough for tv without subscribing to streaming, which I would rarely use.