View Single Post
Old 18-09-2023, 02:56   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: 20mph is just the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My home city was one of the "trial" areas so most of us have got used to it. 3rd gear almost everywhere, dropping mpg substantially and causing higher emissions.
I've never understood why they just ignore this.

They complain about polution, and at the same time force cars to be in an area 50% longer, chucking out more emissions (at least 50% more, probably even higher as engines are likely doing more RPM in a lower gear).

Of course, the reality is that 90%+ of people will simply not do 20 mph anyway, they have had these in Nottingham for years now, and pretty much everyone ignores them.

---------- Post added at 02:56 ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Workplace parking levies aren't new. They've had one in Nottingham since 2012
Quote:
Nottingham City Council introduced the levy in 2012 to tackle problems associated with traffic congestion.
That failed miserably, congestion got worse, not better.
The pandemic did a good job of reducing it for ages, but my last drive into the city showed that effect has worn off.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote