View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 10:12   #35
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: London Bridge armed incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Well...yes it does when you specifically are telling/suggesting people that they shouldn’t yet give an opinion on what has happened.

Well as we’re speaking hypothetically is there really an answer to that?

You don’t get to decide when we talk about which subject. I guess we won’t talk about who we think has won the Election until the result comes out then? Football fans shouldn’t discuss who they think will win the match until the final whistle? These events have become so prevalent that we can pretty much get it right each time. If we’re wrong then by all means admit it however given the circumstances each time that doesn’t seem to happen much.

Just accept that when people speculate about these events, they’re usually (always?) right.

I think the point is that people should keep an open mind until at least a decent degree of evidence is available for discussion. rather than making assumptions.

The usage of such statements as 'I think we can be pretty sure which religion the malefactor adheres to. ' if/when used in wider society leads to intolerance

The misuse and *******ization of the religion is the issue, not the religion itself.

People should never accept, they should always query and question. it's one of the greatest abilities the human race has.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It is very sad what happened to his son and I think Jacks dad has the nation’s sympathies. However, the issue of prisoners rehabilitation is clear a massive issue. The system is a failure and clearly doesn’t work as well as it should, as this Terrorist Murderer on Fri was released early on license. I believe this terrorist scumbag, tried to deceive Authorities by requesting in 2012, in a letter that he wanted to join a de-radicalised course.

Quite, the justice system in it's current state is not fit for purpose. it neither punishes, nor rehabilitates.

Last edited by mrmistoffelees; 02-12-2019 at 10:32.
mrmistoffelees is offline   Reply With Quote