View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 20:26   #1607
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Far from it. See table 2.17 here.

Also, only 59% of HD-ready TV owners have an HD source available.
(Source: table 86 here)
Thanks for the link, table 2.17 is very interesting but unless I'm missing something obvious, the reason 60% of people upgrade is because they want the latest technology. HD is the latest in TV tech in my eyes.

As for 59% of people not having a HD source available. That figure does seem really high and I guess it's due to uneducated consumers and over eagar salesmen. I hear the phrase "this TV will make everything you watch HD" quite a lot in Currys etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But the thing is MM nearly everything is done in HD now so why should people have to pay a extra premium to get access to it.
Do you still complain about paying a £100 per year premium to watch colour TV?

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.
It costs £145.50 for colour and £49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.

Taken from: http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote