View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 20:07   #50
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Is it really such a big deal? I mean doesn't the V6 that many people have at the moment do a good job? seems like many people getting their kickers in a twist over nothing much.
We won't miss an awful lot on the functionality by not signing up for Horizon, but we will be stuckmwith the increasingly dated UI. That's all, really.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Yes exactly. But my point is the customer knows they will lose their recordings if they change box. They expect to keep them with a software update.

The trial being new boxes rather than a software update suggests VM may have changed their plan, and the obvious reason is that they've had trouble implementing updates without losing recordings and settings.

Not the first time they've hinted at updating a box software then not doing it, they suggested way back that VHD boxes could possibly be updated to Tivo (minus recording facilities naturally) and they stayed on Liberate until they were discontinued.
I guess that may explain why we get so little information on future developments coming our way!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote