View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 09:43   #46
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Previously VM gave the impression V6 boxes would be updated to Horizon, now it seems less likely. I'm wondering now if they found unforeseen difficulties updating them without losing recordings and settings.
Is the main 360 box the same hardware as the V6?

Perhaps the intention wasn't ever to upgrade the boxes in customers' homes, but to update them from Tivo to Horizon once they are returned to VM from leaving customers, before they are reissued to new customers.

To be fair, firmware updates inevitably go wrong and brick the boxes. And of course, the implications of updates have an impact across multiple areas of the business, so a few considerations I'd be asking is I was VM...

Can the firmware be updated from one platform to another on boxes out in the field?
Would there be a higher number of errors/bricked boxes if it was to happen?
Do VM have the call centre capacity to deal with an influx of customer calls to resolve issues/queries etc
Would there be an additional demand on tech visits to customer homes?
Is that an appropriate risk in this Covid era?
Could this lead to increased customer attrition?
Are the costs/risks of all the above something VM would want to consider at the moment?
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote