View Single Post
Old 15-12-2019, 09:24   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Anthony Joshua is destroyed in New York.

Boxing clinic to be fair. I'd be far more worried about Joshua now being Fury or Wilder. They both seen him as a pressure knockout fighter.

Joshua absolutely has power, it just isn't a one punch done. It's a pressure barrage of 3 and 4 shots that put you down. He just had a horrible habit of jumping all over the opponent when all he needed to do was reset and go again (See Ruiz) who only caught him clean because Joshua abandoned everything he done and started chasing him around the ring.

Joshua boxing for 12 solid rounds is something both Wilder and Fury never wanted to see. It's made their job a whole lot harder. Fury comes off the worst in this. Joshua has nothing to fear, Fury throws pillows and is an exception all round boxer. Joshua boxes infinitely better than Wilder so the 12 round dance just won't cut it. He'll have to exchange with Joshua at times who establishes his jab better than wilder and will land hard accurate shots. If Joshua lands his usual pressure set up then Fury will go down. The only person that managed to avoid this pressure was Parker (AJs gameplan). Everyone else hit the floor including Ruiz.

Wilder faces a fair few issues but at least has something to worry Joshua going forward. It could absolutely end at any time but the thought of facing a guy that can box at half the level of Fury and throw massive shots at you can't be exciting for him. Ortiz nearly chinned the guy twice and he's half the size of Joshua and half the reach.

The idea that Wilder and Fury are struggling to get Joshua into a fight is bollocks. The guy is the biggest draw in heavyweight boxing and for the most part they want absolutely nothing to do with him. Furys fighting absolute bums and then Wilder. Wilder is all too happy to do the same. The two biggest names on their CV's are each other which at this level needs called out upon. Its embarrassing.

Parker/Whyte/Ruiz/Povetkin are all still active and these two won't go anywhere near them.

Whyte vs Joshua is possible but I can't see that ending any other way than it did the first time. Joshua is too tall for the lad, Whyte has to lunge to land anything. Jab and knockout.

At the very least give me Wilder vs Whyte. It's getting ridiculous. Wilders over 40 fights and he's only shared the ring with two genuinely ranked fighters. Furys on that same path.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-12-2019 at 09:28.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote