View Single Post
Old 13-06-2007, 17:56   #74
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 50mb, XL TV, XL Phone
KillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to KillswitchEdge
Re: WWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I'm sorry? SM being considered the better brand???

I agree with what you say about Mr Kennedy..........Kennedy - he'll be holding gold before the year is out.
Aye, I remember quite a few times where Michael Cole and JBL would say how Smackdown is the superior brand and such and I always shook my head in that silent "I cant believe you buy that crap" way that I've mastered

Smackdown only has a handful of superstars worth watching, yet they have the biggest roster.

Edge, MVP, London and Kendrick, Jimmy Wang Yang (his angle is pathetic but his in ring skills are amazing), JBL on the mic, Finlay and maybe Chavo and Matt Hardy are really the only ones with any talent on that roster, and aside from Edge, MVP and on a rare occasion Finlay, the rest are midcard jobbers most of the time (London and Kendrick's title reign excluded of course)

Looking at the draft I cant help but wonder if maybe the WWE are going to bury Smackdown completely. The ratings in the States have been declining for Smackdown in recent months, and when you look at the Draft and who moved from Smackdown and who moved to Smackdown, you can't help but wonder if maybe its a bad sign for Smackdown.

Kennedy -> RAW
Booker -> RAW
Benoit -> ECW
Boogeyman -> ECW (I'm still scratching my head over that but he's a physical guy, maybe it will work out well for him)

Thats 3 huge names heading out of the brand, now look at who's heading in:

Khali -> Smackdown
Ric Flair -> Smackdown
Torrie -> Smackdown

A guy who cant wrestle, a guy who really is past his prime (though I am a huge Ric Flair fan, really, I do think he should call it a day) and a Diva who can't wrestle.

It really does look to me like Smackdown's being buried, but there's still some considerable talent left over there as far as crowd draws, like Taker, Batista and Kane, so maybe once this supplemental draft takes place it may look a little more lively for Smackdown, but right now Raw's looking sh*t hot with the additions of Kennedy, Lashley, Booker and maybe even Snitsky as a new monster heel.

As for Kennedy holding gold by the end of the year, I'm hoping for a lot sooner really, he's phenominal, both in the ring and on the mic. I marked out so badly when he did the Green Bay Plunge on Hornswoggle from the ladder, a classic comedic moment! I hope for as much from Kennedy as I do from Orton.

Orton, I consider truly to be one of the potential greats, but he needs to get his act together and stop all the backstage drama, but that's a story for another time.
KillswitchEdge is offline   Reply With Quote