Thread: US Timeline The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 15:47   #306
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Irrelevant. Only she did not make such comments in the work place - she made them on her own social media posts. They are her own private remarks not made during any performance.
I'm not famous, and where I am followed, it's by a few people, mostly friends and family, but I am always careful what I post, particularly on social media. I advise friends and family to do the same.

Sadly, one of my friends wasn't so careful, and one night, after apparently having an argument in the office of the man who was then both mine and his boss, went home, logged on to facebook and posted something about working for ****wit bosses. The next day, he was called into the boss, and told, in no uncertain terms to delete the post. He did, and promptly removed everyone he worked with from his facebook friends list.

When I discussed it with him in work a few days later he said it was because someone clearly told our boss what he put (or boss was not on facebook, so wouldn't have seen the post). Slightly offended by this (as I did not, and would not have reported anyone for this), I pointed out he had the boss's wife as a facebook friend, and it's likely she reported him, so he added me again.

I point this out because we do have a clause in our employment contracts that if we say or do anything to bring the organisation we worked for into disrepute, we could be fired for misconduct.

I've read that a lot of stars in TV shows and films do have a clause in their contract that specifically states they can't post or say anything that might be considered offensive. I've certainly heard it happens in UK productions, and I'd be staggered if it wasn't already happening in US productions. After all, whether they are left or right leaning, the likes of Disney want to sell their products to as many people as possible, regardless of whether they are left or right wing.

Taken on it's own, Gina Carino's post isn't what I'd call offensive. A bit clumsy, IMO, but I think I saw the point she was trying to make. Taken with other posts, which I didn't see, so can't judge, it could imply racism.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote