View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 23:12   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: I need a decent 4G modem/router with external aerial

Despite the product description, in the user questions it suggests those who have tried to detach the antennae have had no luck ... most people also seem to suspect they’re actually Wi-fi aerials as well, and not 4g receivers.

I can see plenty of routers on the market that absolutely do have a socket for an external aerial, my question is more around recommendations and tips/tricks based on experience - I’m aware it can be tricky to get a good signal in a poor area, that at long range, obstacles miles away can affect reception profoundly and that the highest point on the house is not necessarily the best, if it results in a very long aerial cable back to the router. I really just want to be as fore-armed as possible before I part with my cash.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote