Thread: 350M Upstream congestion
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 21:26   #37
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Upstream congestion

Ish. Bonding channels doesnt add more capacity to the network, it just makes more of the existing capacity available to you and potentially screws someone else over. As an example, there are 3 upstream channels in my area which are going to provide a finite amount of capacity/throughput. At the moment there are only 2 channels in a bonding group so if i was having issues with congestion adding the third channel may help providing it wasnt being over utilised. The same capacity is still there, it is just being more widely distributed to a greater number of customers.

What will help is the increased modulation and adding more channels to the network as opposed to bonding existing channels. Going back to my previous example, there are 3 upstream channels in my area so adding a forth and then increasin the size of the bonding group which be increasing capacity.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote