View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 13:12   #42
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Confirmed: linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Problem with pay to view is how to attract new audiences. If it's a pay per view then you can watch again if say you power goes off midway and pay to view (buying it to keep) can be very expensive. Some prices are much higher than buying the DVD, much, much higher if you can get 2nd hand DVDs.

Maybe you put episode 1 out free then charge for the rest, or release episodes to subscription with option to buy early. Possible on subscription for limited time then need to buy it. Lot's of choices.

And many of the schemes disadvantage poorer elements of society. Or those who don't have fast broadband. The license fee is understandable, "fixed" and pays for both content and delivery. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime as subscription and VM for additional delivery and content. All of these are "fixed" cost, I don't use PPV as it's too expensive and I don't need it.
Yes, I'm not a great lover of pay per view. It's very expensive unless you only use it occasionally.

I would always go for subscription services where there is sufficient good content to justify it.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Live sport will probably be the norm on Netflix and Amazon before long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Maybe, maybe not.
Perhaps when Amazon wins the major share of Premiership matches, you might begin to have second thoughts about that, Den. And when you see the lower prices they offer, you might even welcome it.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 07-08-2017 at 13:15.