View Single Post
Old 19-02-2020, 20:56   #2449
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I understand your point - but during yhe WA negotiations I was pointing out much of the sentiment evolving here. The EU are making petty demands plus Spain has a veto if they don't like the arrangements for Gibraltar. What's not to outrage? The whole point of Brexit was to regain sovereignty. I personally would like to see Varadkar stiffed and Macron as well - the enemy.
It's not a mature way to view international relations or politics. Macron is not the enemy but his interests lie in France and the French economy not ours, so he'll be looking to exploit every advantage he can from the current situation.

In the end what matters is the skill of the negotiators a bit and the cards they have to play the most. It is not up to Macron to help us out. If our hand is so strong then let him talk all he wants because he has no cards to play. If he succeeds in getting an advantage over us then that would only be him having done his job and us failing in ours.

France, Ireland, Germany and the EU. As far as trade goes they're currently on the other side of the table. Once it's all done and dusted then amicability will return and the only people will be upset will be those who seemed to want to leave the EU purely out of spite that other countries exist - and they'll always be unhappy anyway but thankfully they're a very small minority.