View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 20:18   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar 2020 Nominations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

The 'People's Choice Awards' is the biggest award ceremony that is voted for by the public and yeah it's usually Marvel who cleans up in every movie category.
they were talking about that as part of the Oscar revamp to get more viewers but I think they knocked the idea on the head. They wanted a sort of "people's" Oscar which would obviously go to the most popular/highest grossing film of the year and it would be great to see stuff like the Marvel films or Star Wars get it. I think the public would be more forgiving when they see their favourite miss out on the big Oscars and go to films nobody has heard of if they know their film is going to win the popular Oscar. I don't know what you would call it or how the voting would work but I definitely think it should be a thing. It would have let The Hurt Locker and Avatar both win big in the same year. If they do something like that though it needs to be international. You can't have US only voting given that they make a big thing at every awards ceremony saying over 1bn people are watching from154 countries around the world. I am thinking that all the voting would have to be done online with a registered account on the Oscars website to prevent fraud. Voting can happen in the same window as the ballet votes for the other categories. That way it is all done at the same time and the category can be seamlessly integrated into the established process of vote counting, statuette production and winning envelope production etc.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote