View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 09:43   #21
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
they must have done something because they wouldn't have spent all that time trying to get the upstreams up to qam64 if it wasn't going to provide some benefit to them (you know what VM are like).
They have the aim of giving at least 10:1. So by cleaning up the upstream components, they can get to 64QAM under DOCSIS 3.0.

And then they reduce the Mini-slot size from 4 to 2. Thinking deeper, and again with an eye to what Igni said, they may be using something more powerful at the Cisco CMTS end by way of FEC correction; like the DOCSIS 3.1 FEC handling regime. Whether or not that sits well with DOCSIS 2 or DOCSIS 3, I don't know. But it is the only thing I can think of that increases upstream efficiency. Igni will no doubt put me right on this.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote