Thread: US Timeline Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 13:42   #50
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
What’s in store for the future of Game of Thrones? Recently, HBO boss Casey Bloys spoke with Entertainment Weekly about possible spinoffs and the final season of the popular TV show.

The upcoming seventh season of Game of Thrones will be the second-to-last for the hit fantasy drama. Earlier, we reported HBO is developing five Game of Thrones spinoffs, all of which are prequels according to author George R.R. Martin.
Speaking to EW, Bloys clarified that the Game of Thrones prequel series are in very early stages of development:

“I want to put the prequels in context. It should go without saying I love having a show with this much intense interest around it. Even the smallest bit of information is a big deal and I appreciate that. But I wanted to make sure fans know this is a really embryonic process. I haven’t even seen outlines. In the press at large, everybody said, ‘there are four spinoffs’ and they assume that means each one is happening and we’re going to have a new Game of Thrones show per quarter. That’s not what’s going on. The idea is not to do four shows. The bar set by [Benioff and Weiss] is so high that my hope is to get one show that lives up to it. Also, this is a long-term plan. Our No. 1 goal is the seventh season this summer and getting the eighth season written and aired.”

And what about the final season of Game of Thrones? Bloys said season eight will air sometime in 2018 or 2019. As of now, the episodes still need to be written:

“They have to write the episodes and figure out the production schedule. We’ll have a better sense of that once they get further into the writing.”
I am going to be mardy if they delay it by a whole year. There is no reason for it at all as they are used to banging out 10 episodes a year and this will be no different apart from the fact they are making less. The whole world will go nuts if we don't get any GoT next year, especially as it is the final season and season 7 will no doubt end on a cliff hanger.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote