View Single Post
Old 15-04-2013, 01:35   #859
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
To be fair, most pubs will care about the Premier League and Sky has 3x as many games.
I agree with you on that however over the past 18 months pubs have been closing at rate of almost 18 per week. I've lost 3 pubs in the past 6 months where I live. Pubs need to cut their cloth accordingly to keep their doors open. SKY appears to be a very greedy monster in terms of pub subscriptions however people want to watch sport when having a pint.

Whilst BT can't offer as many regular games as SKY, their portfolio of sports do offer a cheap alternative that pubs struggling financially might consider. Pubs will also be able to offer plenty of free to air football too such as Scotland internationals on BBC Scotland, England internationals on ITV, FA Cup on ITV, Champions League and Europa League on ITV, Scottish Cup on BBC Scotland plus coverage of both the English and Scottish League Cups on the BBC too.

A pub offering BT Sports, Premier Sports, Boxnation, Eurosport and all free to air sports action on the BBC and ITV including the likes of Wimbledon and The 6 Nations might only cost a fraction of what SKY charge but offer so much more in content variety.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote