Thread: General 1Gb Review
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 12:55   #44
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: 1Gb Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Openreach at the entrance to my estate pulling fibre through the main ducts in preparation for FTTP. Allegedly BT Wholesale will be dropping the 1gb price to something fairly reasonable in the next few months.

Actual competition!
I'm waiting for OR to do the same, hopefully. Annoyingly when I look at the coverage map, I am surrounded by places with G.fast and FTTP plans (and literally on the edge of one) but my exact area has nothing. I'm hoping it'll be soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Yeah, it shouldnt take much longer. I think they were moving 20mbit customers over to 3.0 six months after 50mbits launched.
I think your memory is lapsing again, Max. 50Mbit was launched at the end of 2008, as the first 3.0 service but the great migration to 3.0 (Which was marketed as speed doubling) was 2012. That's when 20meg moved "for free" to 30meg and required users to get upgraded to a 3.0 device.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote