Old 29-04-2019, 12:25   #37
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
As I already have everything in the new VVIP tier in my current package - apart from the 500 Mb broadband speed - as well as 4G mobile, I wonder whether I'll be bumped up to the new tier and broadband speed automatically or if I'll have to wait until I renew. Anyone know?
I doubt you'll be bumped up as VIP costs £129 and V.VIP costs £139.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
it will be an automatic upgrade which you will receive when new tier is available in your area. The other way to go about it is to keep checking the website for what is available in your area and as soon as they say you can receive the speed/that package ring them up and tell them you want it pushing through because you are already paying for it.

we'll get it eventually, they are going to ponse around for a few months trying to make as much money as possible and tell everyone that if you want 500mbits the only way you are going to get it is if you sign up to xxx package at £150/month or whatever it is. It is isn't just VM customers they are thinking about, as a flagship tier which knocks the socks off the competition they'll be thinking about how many people they can pull away from BT etc. As they have chosen to go down this route I imagine there will be an appearance of exclusivity for that tier (6 months) and we won't see 500mbits being made available to lower packages or as a standalone product until Q1 of 2020.
It's a new tier with new pricing so I doubt it will be an automatic upgrade.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote