View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 11:35   #3753
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not sure if Wokingham Tory Waitrose shoppers are a "weathervane" on this matter.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a Wokingham Tory Waitrose shopper, but I don’t believe they could be classed as a valid sampling of the broader English electorate.
They couldn't fit all the Wokingham Tories into Wokingham Waitrose. Good job there are 4 x Waitroses within about 3 miles of Wokingham.

As to your point, I didn't classify my acquaintances as a weathervane because I prefaced my remark with an "If". Have you evidence to the contrary? What do your acquaintances now think?

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Not the same situation here, but it always amuses me on this forum when people dispute a representative survey of 2,000 as not being large enough but are more than happy to take a couple of mates' views from down the pub as being representative of the entire country.
If you're indirectly pointing to me in your remark, I prefaced my weathervane observation with an "if" and was putting my report "out there" to see if that's what others are finding.

Btw, I don't frequent pubs.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote