Thread: Streaming Tribes of Europa
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2021, 23:47   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Tribes of Europa

Yeah, it’s a compromise either way but I tend to find dubbed dialogue more distracting than subtitles. The dubbed language never really fits the space required for the original language so the pace of the speech is never quite right. And the audio mix is often substandard (it certainly is in this case, as you can tell if you start with the dubbed dialogue and then switch over - the audio mix is much superior in German). Plus in this show a small but significant chunk of the dialogue is in English anyway. All the principal cast speaks English at one time or another as it appears to be the common second language shared by the various tribes. As I’ve only watched the first 10 minutes of episode 1 with English dubbing I don’t know what they do when the characters start speaking English anyway. Presumably the English overdubbing has to continue for consistency.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote