View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 21:08   #1041
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Thank god, Blood Drive has been cancelled:

Quote:
Well, they’ve finally stanched the bleeding. After hemorrhaging ratings all summer long, Syfy has cancelled its grindhouse-style Blood Drive TV show after just one season. Creator James Roland spilled his guts about the TV show’s fatal prognosis in a blog post published last night.

Airing on Syfy, Blood Drive stars Alan Ritchson, Christina Ochoa, Thomas Dominique, Colin Cunningham, Marama Corlett, and Darren Kent. The dystopian sci-fi TV series centers on Arthur Bailey (Ritchson), one of the last upright cops in Los Angeles, who is pulled into an underground cross-country odyssey with femme fatale Grace D’Argento (Ochoa). But this isn’t just any old race — the cars run on blood.

James Boland Confirms No Season Two of Blood Drive on Syfy

Roland’s blog post on MidnightGrindhouse.com reads:

“Aaaaaand … scene.

Posted on September 6, 2017 by dalmatianjaws

Dear Bleeders,

Unfortunately, your suspicions are correct. Syfy has canceled Blood Drive after one season.

If this news makes you angry or sad, you’re not alone.

I found out not too long ago, but have been trying to think of a way to tell you guys since I felt it was up to me to let the fans know.

Ultimately I decided to wait until after the final episode aired so the news did not taint your experience. It simply didn’t seem right to burst the bubble so early, especially with how the last episode plays out. We always planned for a season two, but now that the future of the show is uncertain the final scenes seem so much more … final.

If I never get the chance to tell my version of what comes next, I’ll be incredibly sad.

But the good news is, then you can make up your own. The story is yours now, it always was from the first moment it was broadcast. If you love it, take it and play with it in your own imagination.

The future is not set, in our world or the world of Blood Drive.

As to the reasons why the show is cancelled, I’m not privy to all the details. Obviously the ratings were low, but it was also a very noisy show on social media (thanks to you guys!) and a very well-reviewed show with critics as well.

This I do know: despite canceling us, Syfy was the only network with the steel to make the show in the first place."
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote