Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 18:28   #6231
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Efficacy against infection is an irrelevance, efficacy against serious illness, hospitalisation and death is what matters and the vaccines are 90+% effective against that metric.

Also not “unsubstantiated” you have a short memory

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=5957

Rejoice.
Your decision to describe it as an irrelevance does not make it so. Indeed, you have thought much is irrelevant since the start so forgive me if I doubt your scientific or intellectual vigor in relation to this subject.

My memory is not short - you are simply misrepresenting facts to suit your own agenda. Anyone can freely read the source you have linked to. You have quoted efficacy against hospitalisations, not infections. If more people get infected, more people will get hospitalised by comparison to a highly effective vaccine that prevents both.

I personally wouldn’t be rejoicing if I were you, as you’ve been disappointed before.

Seph’s question on transmission is also pertinent to how and when we get out of the pandemic.